Terms and conditions
The information on this website is provided 'as is', with no warranty or representation of any kind, express or implied, including those of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, or arising from a course of dealing, usage or trade practice. Cakes 2b Seen has made all reasonable efforts to ensure that information provided through this website is accurate at the time of inclusion, however it accepts no liability for any inaccuracies or omissions in this website. The information available on this site may be incomplete, out of date or inaccurate. For up to date information use the 'Contact' button. Cakes 2b Seen reserves the right to make changes and corrections at any time without notice.
It is a condition of allowing you free access to the material on this website that Iris will not be liable for any loss or damage of any kind, including direct, indirect, special and consequential loss or damage of any kind, arising from the use of this information obtained either directly or indirectly from this website, except that Iris does not exclude liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence.
The above exclusions and limitations apply only to the extent permitted by law. None of your statutory rights as a consumer are affected.
Terms of Business
* All goods listed include vat at the rate of 20% where applicable.
* Cakes 2b Seen reserves the right to change prices without notice and maintain a price differential between our shops and any online offers. If you wish to collect any item please ring to confirm prices or you will be charged the then current shop price.
* ALL goods will be dispatched as soon as possible, And take two to five working days to arrive. Where items are out of stock you will be advised and can decide whether to proceed with the order.
* Damages or shortages must be notified to Cakes 2b Seen within 48 hours of receipt.
* Should an item develop a fault within its guarantee period, it may be sent back to Cakes 2b Seen for repair, or taken into any of our stores with your purchase receipt.
* When sending back any item the responsibility for the goods is yours until we receive them back. Cakes 2b Seen reserves the right to repair or replace any faulty item at their discretion.
* Please note edible or foodstuff items are non-returnable if opened or used in anyway. Please be sure of what you purchase - if you are in doubt ask us before ordering.
* Cakes 2b Seen shall not be liable for any consequential loss of the customer whether this arises from a breach of contract or any other way.
* In the event of cancellation we reserve the right to charge a handling fee to cover administrative costs or in some circumstances we may require a non-refundable deposit.
* Cakes 2b Seen's total liability for any claim howsoever arising shall not exceed the price of the goods supplied by Cakes 2b Seen to the customer.
* Cakes 2b Seen will not be liable for any specific instructions set out in their manual and web site or in any documents accompanying the goods supplied. Every care has been taken to describe and show the goods accurately. Variations may occur in both design and specification as the manufacturers of the items improve their products.
* Please note pictures are for general illustration only and the product may vary from that shown.
* No employee of Cakes 2b Seen is authorised to waive our terms and conditions.
* The customers statuary rights are not affected by any statement contained in the manual
* Prices quoted online are for online orders ONLY. Some items are not stocked in all our shops and prices may vary between shops and online - this applies especially to special offers and discounts.
* English law applies to all transactions
Special Offer or Sale Items:
Items offer in a "sale" may have slightly damaged or marked packaging but this in no way impairs their operation unless otherwise noted.
We will use your contact details (your name, job title, telephone and fax number and your e-mail and postal addresses) to provide any services requested by you and also to tell you about important changes to the site and its functionality. These details will be used by us and by our associated companies to provide you with information about other services and products for the same purpose.
The contents of this website are © Cakes 2b Seen, a British statutory company, and its licensors 1998 -2011
Delivery Terms and Conditions
1.1 Payment must be made in advance before any goods are prepared or despatched.
1.2 In some circumstances we may require a non-refundable deposit before accepting an order.
2. Delivery Options
2.1.1 Orders received by noon on working days will be processed the same day. Orders received after noon and on non-working days will be processed the following working day. If you choose the standard service your cake will be sent within 2 working days.
2.1.2 Your cake will be guaranteed to arrive by noon or 5.30 p.m. the following working day, depending on your chosen delivery option. If nobody is available to accept delivery a card will be left with details of how to arrange redelivery, or collection from the local depot.
2.1.3 Delivery is available on Monday to Friday only. Cakes sent on a Friday to a residential address may arrive on Saturday, but are not guaranteed to arrive until Monday.
2.2 All other cakes are made to order and you may choose delivery as follows:
2.2.1 Standard 7 Days - we aim to deliver your cake on your chosen date (Tuesday to Friday only). You must give us at least 7 working days notice.
2.2.2 Express 4 days (surcharge payable) - we aim to deliver your cake on your chosen date (Tuesday to Friday only), with 4 to 6 working days notice.
2.2.3 Delivery will be at any time up to 5.30 pm (unless otherwise agreed) and a signature is required on receipt. If nobody is available to accept delivery the carrier will leave a card with details of how to arrange redelivery, or collection from the recipientís local depot.
2.2.4 We use a reliable, guaranteed, 24 hour delivery service to ensure your cake arrives on time. For this reason, delivery on a Monday is not possible. Once your cake is in the hands of the carrier we have no control over the delivery process, so we recommend you choose a delivery date at least one day early to avoid disappointment.
2.2.5 Please let us know if you require delivery before a specific time, or on a Saturday. This may be possible, but a surcharge will be payable.
2.3 Working days are Monday to Friday excluding Public Holidays in England.
2.4 You may choose a specific delivery date when placing your order and we will do our best to arrange delivery for that day. If you do not specify a date we will arrange delivery within the timeframes detailed above.
3. Delivery Process
3.1 We will be able to track the progress of your delivery. Please contact us immediately if your cake does not arrive within the timeframes described above. We can only contact the carriers between 9.00 a.m. and 5.30 p.m. Monday to Friday excluding Public Holidays. We will do everything possible to ensure your cake arrives on time, but cannot accept liability for any late deliveries.
3.2 If delivery is attempted and the carrier is unable to leave the cake (for example because nobody is available to take receipt) then the responsibility is with the customer to arrange redelivery or collection and we cannot accept liability for late delivery.
3.3 In the unlikely event that your cake is lost during transit, you must notify us within 48 hours of expected delivery. Compensation may be available, up to a maximum of the price paid by the customer, if the cake cannot be traced and is confirmed as lost by the carriers.
3.4 Your cake will be very carefully packaged so that it arrives in perfect condition. In the unlikely event that the cake appears to have been damaged during transit, you must notify us within 24 hours of receipt. Any replacement products, refunds or compensation will be considered, and may be granted at our discretion and only in the event that the cake is damaged beyond reasonable use. We will require evidence of any damage, which must be received by us within 7 days of the original delivery. This evidence may be in the form of photographs, or by returning the goods to us and must include the original packaging.
4. Cancelling an Order
Our cakes and other food products are made to order and personalised to your specifications, orders therefore cannot be cancelled once the cake has been made. However, should you wish to change your order at any time please contact us immediately and we will do our best to meet your needs.
5. Corporate Orders
If you are placing an order through a company we may agree to credit terms, subject to receipt of your Purchase Order. A 50% deposit will be payable on acceptance of your order. Full payment must be made within 30 days of invoice date with no exceptions. Please contact us to make arrangements.
6. General Terms
6.1. Cakes 2b Seen or any of its partners shall not be liable for any consequential loss of the customer whether this arises from a breach of contract or any other way.
6.2 Cakes 2b Seen total liability for any claim howsoever arising shall not exceed the price paid by the customer for the goods supplied by Cakes 2b Seen or any of its partners to the customer.
6.3 Please note pictures are for general illustration only and the product may vary from that shown.
6.4 Your statuary rights are not affected by any statement contained in this document or our website
6.5 English law applies to all transactions
By placing an order with Cakes 2b Seen, either through our website, over the telephone, or by any other medium you are agreeing to these terms.